Thursday, April 23, 2009

Founders Day in Dripping Springs

Aurelio, Me, Aurelio's dad, Erma and Uncle Joe participated in the 2009 Founders Day Cook-off. Aurelio made the brisket, and the chili... Aurelio's dad made the chicken, fajitas and the beans... Erma made the salsa... Uncle Joe made the ribs... And I was the cheerleader! Although, I know exactly what I am going to do next year...be the margarita judge!!! You have to taste several margaritas, so I figure I am a great candidate for this job. :) I think there were 121 cooks...No one placed, but it was a lot of fun, and we all are excited about next year. Each item had a specific turn in time and day. Aurelio had to get there at 3:30am to start the brisket so that it would be ready to turn in by 4pm. Yikes!
Here is the chicken, brisket and the ribs all cooking at once.

This is the "Team Name" that the two Aurelios thought of and made!

No comments: